Call of Duty Mobile is about to enter in its 9th season. So far, the journey has been great, and we have got tons of new and fresh content like new weapons, maps, operators, and whatnot. Developers have successfully engaged millions of users with regular updates and in-game events. And it looks, there is no stopping at all, as we are just a day away from the most significant content update in the Call of Duty Mobile history.
Well, the hype is real. All eyes are on the Gunsmith, the new weapon customization feature in Call of Duty Mobile. But, there’s a lot which is on the bag. Earlier in our post, we have mentioned a new weapon Kilo (aka Kar98K), is arriving with the Season 9 update. The gameplay video of Kilo has been uploaded too, visit the link mentioned below to read more about it.
The Garena version of Call of Duty Mobile has already received the new Season 9 update featuring the brand new Gunsmith, new operator, new maps, and more. The official patch notes for the new update has been updated on the Garena’s Facebook official page. The global version will be carrying identical content and features, so we can check out the Garena’s patch notes to have a glance over the upcoming update.
Official patch notes have been mentioned below; you can check it out.
Call of Duty Mobile Season 9 Update Patch Notes –
New Featured Game Mode10 vs 10 mode
- Available for Team Death Match, Domination
- Available on Shipment, Takeoff, Meltdown, CrossfireNew map
- Shipment 1944, a Call of Duty classic, is now available! Dash through cargo containers in this action-packed fan favourite.
- Available for: Team Death Match, Domination, Free-For-All, Hardpoint, Gunfight, Ultra Rapid Fire, 1v1, Kill Confirmed, Team Death Match 10 vs 10Others
- Training Mode – Movable targets and new challenge added
- Domination – Capture progress will pause when players are not in the objective area.
- Domination – Tunisia has been removed from Domination map list on normal MP
- Domination – Meltdown has been removed from Domination map list on ranked MP
- Hardpoint – The next hardpoint in Hardpoint mode will be shown on map, but cannot be captured until it is unlockedAccording to the official statement by the developers, after the new Gunsmith update, all the weapons in Battle Royale mode will be performing as same as the Multiplayer mode. Now players can customize the weapons in Battle Royale loadout and equip them from airdropsNew Airdrop
- Players may now acquire loadout customized weapons from airdrop. Every airdrop allows four players to choose one of their customized weapons from their loadouts. (one weapon per player/per airdrop)New Areas
- Check out all the four new areas added to Battle Royale: Radar Base, Dormitory, Outpost, and CampNew Weapons
- New Battle Royale weapons of all rarities added. The higher the rarity, the more attachments are available. Attachments area unable to be dropped or equipped to another weaponNew Attachments
- Augment your Battle Royale weapons with Gun Mods. More than 10 new mods to try. Gun Mods can be dropped or equipped to other weaponsNew Items
- Armor Plate: Recover armor durability by 50%. Use armor plates to repair your vest
- Ammo types are now matched to the corresponding weapon class
- Increased Death Machine long-range damage, slightly increased fire rate, increased spin up time after moving.
- Increased Sparrow drawing speed. Increased range when drawing Sparrow back for a shorter amount of time.
- Increased War Machine’s grenades area of effect. Decreased damage on player using War Machine. Optimized animation.
- Decreased Annihilator reloading speed after firing. Slightly decreased fire rate.
- Slightly decreased Gravity Spikes area of effect.
- Molotov Cocktail is now lethal equipment.
- Significantly increase Molotov Cocktail damage.
- Katana’s name and model updated.
- Deploying Stealth Chopper and Cluster Strike will activate a one-time UAV map scan and reveal current locations of enemies.
- Optimized reloading animation
- Optimized firing animation
- Optimized visuals and behavior of laser sight attachments
- Optimized bolt pulling animation of bolt-action sniper rifles
- Extended time limit for squad filling in the middle of a ranked multiplayer match
- Fixed an issue where the SMRS and War Machine can shoot through walls
- Fixed an issue that UAV shows enemy movement instead of current location
- Fix an issue with incorrect models in Attack of Undead
- Poltergeist: Increased the invisibility for the first two seconds after activating Active Camo, regardless of distance
- Trap Master: Decreased Electric Trip Wire’s damage and effect on enemy’s movement speed
- The first safe zone appears earlier in game and collapse slower. Players have more time to reach the first safe zone
- Optimized water visual effect. Water Reflection available in “Very High” graphic quality.
- Decreased tank’s side armor. Adjusted tank’s firing trajectory
- Tank airdrop is now a random event
- Area names are visible while jumping. Areas with better loot are displayed with orange names
- Optimized the ragdoll physics when being hit by vehicles
- Optimized character movement animation
- Optimized ladder climbing animation
- Optimized player animations when moving along walls
- Optimized health and armor UI
- New opening animation on the jump plane
- New armor penetration feedback
- New jump plane audio indicators
- Fixed an issue with tank spawning in unusable locations
- Fixed an issue where item models would disappear occasionally
- Fixed an issue where gunfire indicator would be the wrong direction on compass
- Fixed an issue where audio would cut out
- Optimized score logic for Ranked Multiplayer
- Optimized matchmaking logic for Ranked Multiplayer
- Optimized match report details
- Players in rank protection lose fewer rank points after a loss
- New squad view when loading into a match
- Optimized Ranked Battle Royale score logic
- Optimized matchmaking logic for Ranked Battle Royale
- New match report UI
- New animation for reaching each higher rank after Pro I
- Fixed an issue where players in rank protection were recognized as lower rank
Players can unlock most weapons, perks, Operator skills and Sorestreaks before level 55.
ICR-1, Cordite, HVK30, GKS, KN-44, Locus, Pharo, KRM262, HBRa3, Man-O-War and Razorback are now player level rewards. Other base weapons can be unlocked by completing challenges in Gunsmith system or within the free Battle Pass
Molotov Cocktail and Combat Axe are now player level rewards
Players can have up to 10 Loadouts in Multiplayer. Loadouts 1-5 are unlocked immediately. Loadouts 6-10 are unlocked through level progression.
Players will now have 5 Loadouts for Battle Royale
All new player level rewards will be unlocked after upgrading to the new version.
All new UI for Multiplayer and Battle Royale lobbies. Players can view recommended events and claim rewards before starting a match
Players can display calling cards, sprays and emote in Multiplayer and Battle Royale team lobbies
Calling card can be shown in game using Control Layouts in Settings
Most event rewards will be claimed automatically during after match report
New after match summary and sharing UI for Battle Royale winners
New bug report system
Optimized in-game HUD
Optimized UI and user experience for Battle Pass
Optimized ladder-climbing UI and customization option
That’s all about the patch notes. The app update for the global version has arrived, but the new season will be dropping tomorrow, i.e., August 16 (UTC).
Vivek has been a fan of the COD franchise since forever. Perfection is his forte and the same can be seen in his work. He loves to invest his time in creating awesome content on YouTube and discovering the latest games.