Valheim is a survival and exploration game from Iron Gate AB and Coffee Stain Publishing. The title is a massive hit on Steam with a peak player count of 132K players. This game has taken the survival genre by storm, and it is a huge deal on Twitch as well. Players can explore a Norse-inspired setting solo, or with friends. They will fight, craft, and survive through the beautifully rendered land of Valheim.
Now, technical problems and bugs should be expected, as the game has launched in a state of early access. This means that the developers will take player feedback, and improve the game. This is a good way to ensure that the game remains fresh, and any bugs or glitches are fixed during this early access state. Hopefully, when the final game comes out, which is expected in a year, the game will run without any issues. If you are running into an issue with the select world loading error, here is how you can attempt to fix that.
ALSO READ- How to Fix Valheim Sync Issue on PC
How to Fix Select World Loading Error in Valheim –
Multiple users have reported that they are running into a load error or a corrupted world save which has halted their progression. This can be extremely annoying, especially if you have put a lot of effort into your save. However, there is a method you can try to fix this issue, but it doesn’t always work as it is not a permanent fix provided by the developers. To do this, follow the steps below –
- Open Windows Run, by either pressing Windows + R keys or searching for it in Windows Search.
- Enter “AppData” in the empty bar and press enter.
- Now, inside the AppData location, navigate to the following folder – LocalLow/Irongate/Valheim/worlds
- Now, make a backup for the “worlds” folder before moving forward with this.
- Inside the “worlds” folder, there will be .db and .fwl file of the world. Additionally, there will be two files that are called “fwl.old” and “db.old” as well.
- Delete the fwl and db files then Rename the “old” files by deleting “.old” from the end of the name. Make sure you do this for both fwl and db file.
- Relaunch the game and see if this fixes the problem for you.
Hopefully, with coming updates, the game will be a bit more stable. It is very impressive how big the numbers are for this game, especially considering it is still in early access.