Minecraft is a game in which players create structures, mine for materials, and go on adventures.
If you’re a lover of Minecraft, you’ll like these 15 amazing games like Minecraft for Android and iOS that are just like Minecraft.
Sometimes, users ask if it is possible to disable hunger in Minecraft. Well, for those asking the same question, this post is the one-stop solution.
How to Turn Off/Disable Hunger in Minecraft
Before we tweak the settings, it’s essential to understand what the hunger bar does. In Survival mode, this bar depletes as you perform various activities like running, jumping, or fighting. When low, it affects your ability to heal naturally. So, how can we manage this?
Method 1: Game Modes and Difficulty Settings
- Creative Mode: In Creative mode, hunger is not a factor. Switch to this mode for an unrestricted building and exploration experience.
- Peaceful Difficulty: Setting your game to Peaceful difficulty not only prevents hostile mobs from spawning but also keeps your hunger bar perpetually full. Change this in your game settings or use
Method 2: Using Commands for Saturation
- Open the Chat Window:
- PC/Mac: Press
- Pocket Edition (PE): Tap the chat button.
- Consoles: Press the D-Pad (right).
- PC/Mac: Press
- Apply the Saturation Effect:
/effect give @a minecraft:saturation 99999 10 trueto keep the hunger bar full for all players.
@ato your username or
@pfor the nearest player.
- Automate with Command Blocks:
- Set up a command block with the saturation command, configure it to “Repeat” and “Always Active” for continuous effect.
Method 3: Server Control with Plugins
- Multiverse Plugin (For Server Admins):
/mvm set hunger falsein a specific world to disable hunger. Re-enable with
/mvm set hunger true.
- Other Server Plugins:
- Explore plugins that offer similar functionalities if you’re not using Multiverse.
Method 4: Custom Maps and Mods
- Custom Maps: Some custom maps come with modified hunger mechanics.
- Mods: Various mods can alter or disable the hunger mechanic. Be sure to install them correctly and back up your world before doing so.
Method 5: Data Packs
- Data Packs: Similar to mods, data packs can change the game’s mechanics, including hunger. Follow installation guides carefully.
Method 6: Behavior Packs (Bedrock Edition)
- Behavior Packs: In the Bedrock Edition, these packs can modify game mechanics, including how hunger works.
- Version Differences: Commands and features may vary slightly between Minecraft versions and editions.
- Server Permissions: Necessary permissions are required to use commands or configure plugins on servers.
- Backup Your World: Always a good practice before implementing significant changes.
Check out related Minecraft posts
- Top 14 Best Roblox Minecraft Games
- Top 15 Best Games like Minecraft for Android/ iOS
- Fix: Minecraft store not working
Nishant ‘thatman’ Singh is a Digital Marketing Manager and a fan of the COD, Minecraft, and Roblox. Perfection is his forte, and the same can be seen in his work. He loves to invest his time in creating awesome content on YouTube and discovering the latest games.